FordContour.Org

More MEET: Summer's gonna escape...

PDXSVT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now I gotta fix my truck before the weather turns bad.  I got hit by a lady on I-5 as I was sitting in traffic.  She hit me doing about 30mph.  Anyways it bent some of the suspension and did a bit of cosmetic damage too.  I'm just wanting to fix the mechanical stuff so its driveable again.  So for me any type of meet is outta the realm of possibilities at the moment.  However my wife and I are more than willing to head down to Portland to see you all one things get fixed.

And of course, here come some Qs: Do you have PIP or other health insurance and did you get checked out by a doctor? If she was going 30 mph when hitting you, you'd have had quite a jolt.

Do you have collision/comprehensive? If your car should be totaled (especially if diminished value aka DV is a factor here after repair, if the vehicle was never hit before) you may have a better outcome doing a claim with your insurer for property damage. There are a couple reasons for that.

If the other side is paying to have it fixed AND setting you with a rental while yours is in the shop, that should not preclude a DV claim vs the other driver.

mondeoman, thanks for the heads up on using grey dog for part shipping, that's being looked at.

Yes.. So myself and another Contourian... Ivan who is also in Everett are down to show up to the meet this coming weekend if it it still on. Also side note, does anyone have a black trunk or hood they arnt using? :) :)

Satya, never received an email from you.  Help topics show:

Help Topic: Recovering lost or forgotten passwords

Security is a big feature on this board, and to that end, all passwords are encrypted when you register.
This means that we cannot email your password to you as we hold no record of your 'uncrypted' password. You can however, apply to have your password reset.

To do this, click on the Lost Password link found on the log in page.

Further instruction is available from there

Lost Your Password?

If you've lost your password, you can use this form to reset it. Enter your username or email address in the field below. The username or email address is case insensitive. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email asking for validation of this request to ensure that no malicious use has occurred. This email will also contain a link that you must click for further instruction

My question for you - did you receive an email asking for validation of this request (form)?

Mondeoman

Ah, following you! Not sure why this didn't go thru. I will check with Aussie Ford and see what can be done - which of the two logins do you prefer to be known by? I suspect your posting history can be merged into one login.

Satya, I will get w/Aussie Ford and see what can be done with the merge and of course you WILL retain the current screen name.

All - I cannot make the 27th - Mother-in-Law's birthday. I HAVE to be there ;-) I would love to make it to Spiffies, but alas everyone enjoy w/o me. http://www.spiffysrestaurantandbakery.net/

Satya,

Why don't you attempt to make contact with the Seattle area folks. I will contact Aussie and/or PDXSVT. Answer forthcoming hopefully by this time tomorrow!!

Reach out to Ferret II  as it is her BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! She can be "properly" honored as a year older and wiser on Saturday, at Spiffies!!!

BTW guys...Spiffy's is at exit 68 on the I-5.  That's where we're meeting.

For those not faint at heart I propose driving east down Hwy 12 to Randle.  There's a kick ash little diner out there with wonderful pie!

Those of us coming from the Portland area can go south down the forest service roads behind Mt. St. Helens to head home.  It's a majestic drive!

Those of us coming from the Seattle area can go a little further east, then north by Mt. Rainer.  Also a majestic drive!

We did this type of meet a few years back.  It was a lot of fun!

I am definitely older, but wiser???? :)   I would really like to meet you all in person!  But I don't think I'll be up for it this weekend.  As I mentioned in my response to Mondeoman's birthday message - thank you so much for that, Mondeoman! - my mom, who has been in hospice care, passed away last Sunday morning.   She did have a long and happy life (she was 89) and she is now thankfully free of the late-stage ravages of Alzheimer's, but I am still processing her loss.  It's neat you're meeting in Chehalis.  Growing up, my mom lived nearby in Onalaska, and there is (or was) a delightful restaurant in Chehalis, right off I-5 and in a lovely restored house (as I recall it; it's been awhile!) where she and I would stop on road trips between Portland and Seattle.  I think she used to go there when she was growing up, too.

Anyway, I know the Mystique would love a road trip (and so would the Contour, though he's got a slow leak in a tire I need to have fixed), but we may have to wait until next time.  I will miss meeting you all, and hope you'll post pictures.