FordContour.Org

More MEET: Summer's gonna escape...

PDXSVT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...we're on the side of the road with one of the cars. We think Aussie lost a fuel pump. Will update shortly. Is there anyone already at Spiffy's?

And don't forget to mention the meet "AFTER PARTY" for those who can't wait to change fuel pumps!

If only someone here had room to park extra cars and a giant garage work space...

How many vehicles and how many people present? Do count Aussie's ride as "present". He didn't have to walk to Chehalis, now did he? This means he was not stranded and was able to appear!!

Aussie has a magical quality. He's able to appear in several U pull yards simultaneously. For a portion of yesterday, it's like he drove two cars.

Pictures here: http://s718.photobucket.com/user/shotwellm/library/9-27-14%20Contour%20Meet

First couple pics are the three Contours in my front field.

Next up are a few shots at Spiffy's exit 68 including Josh's Focus ST Stage 3

Next couple are at Mt Adams Cafe in Randle, WA.  The blackberry pie with huckleberry ice cream was fantastic!

Then we lined up in our usual spot in Randle.  Lots of room there!

Last few are from the drive back down the forest service roads behind Mt St Helens.  It's an awesome drive!

Can't wait to have another meet.  Maybe I'll have mine running again by then!

Mike thanks for posting those fine pics of the run......

I suppose I should tell a bit of a story now....

The PDX folks arrived at Mikey's place, it is really nice. And the Tours went out to pasture:

IMG-20140927-02876 - Copy.jpg

Mikey's Tour Casandra really wanted to join in but wasn't feeling quite up to it ...... girls.. hiding out behind a Monte Carlo

IMG-20140927-02871 - Copy.jpg

All was good so we headed up to Spiffy's. I in the 4 banger was crusing along around 75mph when it felt like I was loosing power. I put the pedel to the metal and nothing happened. I looked down and saw my tach go to 0 thinking it was just a fluke I put it in neutral and tried to start it, but it just turned over and wouldn't fire. I worked my way to the shoulder Jarhead was following me. We tinkered a bit found a loose ground but that was not the issue. Jarhead contacted the others and they came back to lend a hand. We determined it was the fuel pump and that is something not even I could overcome right then. so I called AAA. Surprisingly they were there sooner than usual. Hooked up the 95 and took it to Mike's place. Chloe and I got in the SVT that PDXSVT was driving and off we went. 

IMG-20140927-02878 - Copy.jpg

Had a good time at lunch at Spiffy's then headed to Randall for desert:

IMG-20140927-02880 - Copy.jpg

That is a nice little run and just about right to get one ready for pie & ice cream:

IMG-20140927-02884 - Copy.jpg

We went up the road for a photo shoot and sadly said goodbye to our friends from up north.

IMG-20140927-02894 - Copy.jpg

We southerners continued south to Cougar then on to Mike's place. That is a fun run for sure and it will separate the SVT's from the SE's..... Right Jarhead.... LOL

Once at Mikey's I put the 95 to bed for the night and the PDXers went home.

IMG-20140927-02898 - Copy.jpg

The next day I went to Pick n Pull and got another fuel pump and of course other goodies.... I mean I was already there so why not check out all of the other Tours and Stiques..... Right?

Once Jarhead and I got to Mikey's place yes it really did only take 14 min to change the pump since all I had to do was swap the assemblies. You just pop out the rear seat bottom, disconnect power and fuel lines, knock off the retainer ring, and pull the assembly. Really not that big of a deal. I suppose it would have taken about 20 min if I was swapping the actual pump motors.

The 95 wasn't done with me yet just to let me know who's in control it threw me a CEL on the way home which turned out to be P327, & P332: I changed the DPFE and that took care of it.

IMG-20140928-02903 - Copy.jpg

I mentioned that I'm going to have to not do that run again...... Some of you may remember that last time we did that, and I locked my keys in the car...... but one of the Northern fellas managed to open the door using a branch and hitting the unlock button through the moon roof. BTW I have never locked my keys in a vehicle before.

All in all a very nice time and next time I hope to see you there too.

Now some of you may think the car troubles were a bad thing but, Loosing the fuel pump when I had my support group with me was much better than my wife loosing it in the middle of an intersection in town. And when I went to the Pic n Pull I had a coupon for $20 off and found a pair of sideskirts for the 95 in the correct color. 

It was a good time!

AF

It comes to mind that many people don't know CEL codes and I usually try to post the meanings when I talk about them. Being a 95 these are OBD1 3 digit codes.

My two codes:

327 (O,R,M) EGR feedback signal is/was low.

332 (R,M) EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittently.

Many times I get a 118 when I first start the car. I don't understand this since the car runs fine and the CEL goes out after it reaches temp.

118 (O,M) ECT sensor is/was high or open.

AF

Sideskirts for the '95? Didn't some Mystique GS models have skirts like some Contour SEs did?

Is there gonna be a new metal tag mounted in the driver's door sill listing a second manufactured date as rebuilt by Aussie Ford on date XX... as a mystique or contique...?

It comes to mind that many people don't know CEL codes and I usually try to post the meanings when I talk about them. Being a 95 these are OBD1 3 digit codes.

My two codes:

327 (O,R,M) EGR feedback signal is/was low.

332 (R,M) EGR did not open/respond during test or if memory code, did not open intermittently.

Many times I get a 118 when I first start the car. I don't understand this since the car runs fine and the CEL goes out after it reaches temp.

118 (O,M) ECT sensor is/was high or open.

AF

Even though I own a '95 ZETEC (OBD1), I do appreciate the code definitions being posted - thanks Aussie!!! Oh, btw - when you converted this 'Tour over to the dual cooling fans, do you recall if this is when the 118 first appeared?

No the 118 code just came about a few months ago and doesn't always come on. It is associated with the ECM temp sensor and causes the fans to run for a few minutes. At some point I'll have to change out that sensor but except for the CEL at start up it works ok.

I installed the dual fans shortly after I got the car that is a simple plug n play mod.

Always remember this is a Cotour and one thing doesn't need to be associated to another just because it occurs at the same time. :P

AF

Your 118 CEL is the ECT being interigated by the ECU. For some reason your ECT is reporting an back in error. When I let your 'Tour warm up to the "cool zone" on the temp gauge (before first drive in the am), I am UNABLE to get any CEL to appear. This is because I am not yet in the "Drive Cycle" that is necessary for the 118 CEL to appear. Evidently warming up the engine (ECT) puts us "past" the point where the ECU would scream "CEL 118".

Make sense? Just a theory, but it is a "data point".

• 2 months later...

Hey guys I just picked up a V-9 Vortech kit for my 3.0 (never oiled).  Looking for a good dyno tuner within striking distance.  Any of you ever hear of or used "Fast Specialties" in Vancouver?