FordContour.Org

NPG CAI install

dgproctor73

now accepting donations for this!

Which is probably why nobody tries this. Not worth the cost. If you google it, there are some sites that show some gain at higher RPMs but there are too many variables to try.

I guess the best thing to try would be stock intake vs. stock intake with drop-in K&N vs. CAI

I've always wondered if my Zetec's intake is restricted to keep noise levels low. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind upgrading to a CAI but I have no way to prove it. I'm too frugal to spend money on a dyno to prove that. :D

I will check my garage for the stock SVT airbox,I can mail it to you and you can mail it back.

That sounds fair.. but money is still tight as mentioned >>

... Might give them a try when I get more $$.

... now accepting donations for this! laugh.gif

>> So what I really meant was donations for the part (cheap) AND for the dyno (pricey)!

Which is probably why nobody tries this. Not worth the cost... I'm too frugal to spend money on a dyno to prove that. biggrin.gif

I don't know that my SVTC has ever been on the dyno. It's definitely on the to-do list. If I had the money, I'd be willing to dedicate 1 of the 3 pulls to a stock box for sure!

.. Still accepting donations LOL.

Nowthen, I'm beginning to feel bad for the OP. He lost his thread like 17 posts ago! offtopic.gif Going to PMs ---->

Edited by jeffmknight

I'll pass.

LMAO :lol:

That's a lot of metal to get rid of just to get cold air.

I'd rather have a full 3L (or hybrid with 3L intakes) and use a 3L cold air intake to do the same job (more efficiently).

What's wrong with the SVT intake? I know the OP's car is an SE, but I'm using the SVT intake on both of my 3Ls. Simple install, big cone filter, true cold air intake. Inexpensive when purchased used, too.

What's wrong with the SVT intake? I know the OP's car is an SE, but I'm using the SVT intake on both of my 3Ls. Simple install, big cone filter, true cold air intake. Inexpensive when purchased used, too.

Umm as a Cougar owner I don't have it... :P

Umm as a Cougar owner I don't have it... tongue.gif

Umm, as a fellow Cougar owner... I got mine on eBay. $20 shipped with a clean K&N filter.

Err... I think you are getting your wires crossed.

I believe Spridget is referring to the factory SVT Airbox and fender duct assy... Not the whole 2.5L SVT Intake Manifold...

lol....

-Dom

Dom is correct. The SVT uses the same diameter throttle body and intake tube as the 3L. I find the SVT airbox to be a great setup for a clean, functional install. It's the only intake I'm aware of that has been researched and developed by an experienced builder of street and race cars..... Ford.