FordContour.Org

Fluids and filters for Hybrids?

Is the oil capacity any different on Hybrid 3.0s? If you use a Escape Longblock,should you use an escape oil filter?

Is the oil capacity any different on Hybrid 3.0s? If you use a Escape Longblock,should you use an escape oil filter?

I have a hybrid and the oil capacity is a little different, buts that's because of the slightly deeper Escape oil pan I use. The oil filter is the same for a Escape longblock as it is for the Contour V6 :)

Edited by Icefury
  • Like 1

I still dump in 6qts before I even check the dipstick (that's about .5 qt in the filter before installation, and 5.5qts through the filler neck). Oil level reads on the high fill mark of the crosshatches on the dipstick after the engine has run for a moment. I'm using a 2001 Taurus block with SVT heads, oil pan, and oil cooler. The newer FL820S filters are slightly smaller and have a bit less capacity.

• Like 1

I have a hybrid and the oil capacity is a little different, buts that's because of the slightly deeper Escape oil pan I use. The oil filter is the same for a Escape longblock as it is for the Contour V6 :)

Engine oil, initial fill incl. filter

Engine oil, incl. filter change FOR 2.5

Engine oil, excl. filter change

Goodlooking out on the Filter. :idea:

On a side note the 3.0 from the escape gets 6 quarts ,so probably safe to say on a hybrid 5.7- 5.9 quarts.

I still dump in 6qts before I even check the dipstick (that's about .5 qt in the filter before installation, and 5.5qts through the filler neck). Oil level reads on the high fill mark of the crosshatches on the dipstick after the engine has run for a moment. I'm using a 2001 Taurus block with SVT heads, oil pan, and oil cooler. The newer FL820S filters are slightly smaller and have a bit less capacity.

SWEET! Thanks for the input Spridget. I was worried because I put in about 5.9 q and was wondering if that was enough(full on dipstick).

I use 6 qts of oil and that pretty much takes me to the max fill line. IIRC I still use the SVT oil pan, no other oil pan on it. I also use the FL820S oil filter as well. If Dom built your motor SVTDEMON, chances are you have a Taurus 3L.

Edited by Rikenbomb

I use 6 qts of oil and that pretty much takes me to the max fill line. IIRC I still use the SVT oil pan, no other oil pan on it. I also use the FL820S oil filter as well. If Dom built your motor SVTDEMON, chances are you have a Taurus 3L.

I am going on the info that Mark(QwikSVT) told me when he sold me the motor and trans. Dom did build his motor,but he told me it was from an Escape. Who Knows? Dom?

Not an Escape motor, 2005 Sable motor. We have not ever used an Escape motor (why pay $300+ more for the same motor?).

-Dom

Not an Escape motor, 2005 Sable motor. We have not ever used an Escape motor (why pay $300+ more for the same motor?).

-Dom

There must of been confusion somewhere down the line. Thanks for clearing it up Dom! :doh: