FordContour.Org

2005 Escape Fuel Rail connection

CSVT#49

Trying to figure out what fitting I can get by with on this rail. I'm running a new fuel line that will be an AN-08 for the new feed and I want to know what adapter I need to get from the OEM fuel rail to my AN-08 fitting. I believe that the rail I have is just a standard 3/8" nipple SAE quick disconnect (it's not the Ford Spring-lock style like the factory Contour fuel rails). The OD of the nipple is 0.375 measured using a dial caliper. So I am thinking that this Russell Performance adapter, p/n 644003 will do the trick but I want to make sure before I go and drop $15+ on one fitting. Any thoughts?

Russell 644003 fitting

644003_v1_20110318.jpg

post-6598-0-65680100-1327790341_thumb.jpg

post-6598-0-95244400-1327790365_thumb.jpg

Normally I use this and custom form the line and make a union to the factory line.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR6/800053.oap?ck=Search_fuel+line_N1652_1440178_2170&keyword=fuel+line&pt=N1652&ppt=C0290

-Dom

If it's an SAE standard part, it should work. I have Dorman's kit and all components follow the SAE standard. Unless, you're running bigger line all the way from the rear, the plastic line should work just fine and cost less.

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I use this and custom form the line and make a union to the factory line.

http://www.oreillyau...N1652&ppt=C0290

-Dom

So it's looking at your link that part is a 1/4" SAE quick disconnect port. I'm confused as I measured the end of the line with a caliper and it was pretty much right on at 0.375" all the way up.

If it's an SAE standard part, it should work. I have Dorman's kit and all components follow the SAE standard. Unless, you're running bigger line all the way from the rear, the plastic line should work just fine and cost less.

I'm going to a AN-08 line and will be using E85. So I'll be using a PTFE braided line.

• Like 1

I was afraid of that... Our cars are not rated for E85. The fuel pumps alone are not rated for E85. Plus the seals in the lines, injectors and such are not rated for E85 use.

Beyond the fact that E85 is shiz against regular gas for mileage, it's also not very cheap to offset the amount you need to keep up with gasoline.

All in all, I wouldn't do it. There's a reason cars are "Flex Fuel" capable (they're made that way - Not all are!).

-Dom

I was afraid of that... Our cars are not rated for E85. The fuel pumps alone are not rated for E85. Plus the seals in the lines, injectors and such are not rated for E85 use.

Beyond the fact that E85 is shiz against regular gas for mileage, it's also not very cheap to offset the amount you need to keep up with gasoline.

All in all, I wouldn't do it. There's a reason cars are "Flex Fuel" capable (they're made that way - Not all are!).

-Dom

Dom maybe you should have a little history on my car and build. First off I choose E85 for its ability to get me to higher horsepower levels with higher compression without denotation while under boost. I've replaced the entire fuel system on the car. I'm running 1000cc Injector Dynamic injectors, Aeromotive 13101 pressure regulator, Aeromotive A1000 18668 fuel pump with a 100 micro ss filter, 25 micron SS in-line fuel filter and I'm creating all new fuel lines with PTFE SS braided lines to support the E85. I also checked on the fuel tank and it's capable of handling E85, but I'm buying a new one anyway. I could care less about fuel economy. I want E85 for it's horsepower potential. I own a 97 Civic DX for a DD that gets me 35-40mpg. This car and my Camaro are my "fun" cars B)

rac74 my target power level is 600bhp. I've got a Garrett T3/T4 60 trim .63A/R turbo, but I trying to find a compressor map for it as I think it's not going to be the right turbo for my setup. I may end up selling it and picking up a GT3582R turbo instead.

Edited by CSVT#49

Is this an NPG kit or custom? It would be nice to see a twin-scroll set-up on a Duratec and what it could do..

You might check out the Borg Warner line of turbochargers (Airwerks or EFR). Full-Race or Bullseye Performance stocks them. Holset also makes a nice turbo from what I've read (HX35 or HX40 would probably be what you'd need).

Is this an NPG kit or custom? It would be nice to see a twin-scroll set-up on a Duratec and what it could do..

You might check out the Borg Warner line of turbochargers (Airwerks or EFR). Full-Race or Bullseye Performance stocks them. Holset also makes a nice turbo from what I've read (HX35 or HX40 would probably be what you'd need).

It started out as an NPG stage II kit with the upgraded Garrett turbo. However I'm not satisfied with some of the pipe layout and the intercooler setup. So I'm building some of my own piping to make the setup how I want it. I'm familiar with Garrett turbos and actually have direct contacts there so I'm most likely going to stay with a Garrett turbo.

Keep us posted on your progress. I'd like to see how things go with this project!

I have quite a lengthy build thread on <acronym title="Contour.Org">CEG</acronym> under the 3L section. Here is the link, CEG-vb/showthread.php?51628-49-s-new-powerplant-has-arrived-let-the-build-begin&p=750348#post750348'>http://www.contour.o...0348#post750348

Edited by CSVT#49

Not sure what the deal is but it wouldn't let me edit and add a link properly to my post to my build thread over on CEG....

http://www.contour.org/CEG-vb/showthread.php?51628-49-s-new-powerplant-has-arrived-let-the-build-begin&p=750348#post750348

copy and past I guess...

Edited by CSVT#49

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would update this thread. I went ahead and purchased an Aeromotive 3/8" SAE quick connect to AN-08 port adapter (p/n 15118). It is the correct size. Here are the pics to show it...

railquickconnect.jpg

railquickconnect2.jpg

railquickconnect3.jpg

Also here are my other goodes to go along with it...

aeromotivefuelcomponent.jpg

regulatorgauge.jpg

Edited by CSVT#49