FordContour.Org

What if...

rac74

...I popped the hood and you saw this;

We modified the stock front subframe to just to try it out. We found we have a bit of reworking to do for clearence of various parts. The engine also needs to go down 4-6", judging by eye.

New_Pictures_001.jpg

New_Pictures_002.jpg

Various shots of the engine bay. We're using my old SVT 2.5L as mock-up, the actual engine will be a Lincoln LS 3L.

New_Pictures_008.jpg

I havn't posted these on my cardomain yet, so you all are getting a first look. The amount of room available is amzing! One thing I'll tell you is that, this engine looks absolutely menacing in this car in person!!

Wanna race my grocery getter??!!

there is a red SVT Focus in michigan owned by Ford i believe, that has a 2.5 SVT motor in it just as it is in the Contours, except the coil pack is relocated b/c of clearance issues...i seen it several years ago when i was up there at a meet.

well at first I was going to say that has been done ... a SVT V6 in a focus, ford did that and a few other have also. I have also seen a SHO engine in a focus ....

but when I looked closer I see that its a rear-drive duratec focus, thats pretty cool :lol:

I had a hand in one 3L Focus (transverse mounting). That was a fun car! Your's looks more fun though, RWD is the better for acceleration. Can't wait to see that doing a holeshot. Bet the Mustang guys shiz themselves...lol

-Dom